How to Get Healthy Hair – Promote Hair Growth Naturally!
When it comes to healthy hair, you need to understand that promoting hair growth naturally comes with it. The two are interconnected. Now, it is important that you have a better idea of what it means to have healthy hair. Instead of relying on marketing ads, here is what actual healthy hair looks and feels like.
- Smooth and Slippery Texture: The easiest way to tell if you have healthy hair is by taking a strand and holding it at the root. If it is gentle, your hair is good to go. Besides this, you must slide your fingers through the strand to determine if it is silky to touch.
- Shiny: Another indication of healthy hair is when they shine. Only when your hair has been well hydrated would it be able to reflect light and appear shiny.
- Less Hair Loss: Although it is natural for everyone’s hair to shed daily, healthy hair experiences less hair loss.
- Less Breakage: In addition to less hair loss, healthy hair is less prone to breakage as they have good elasticity.
- Easier to Style: A great thing about having healthy hair is that they are a lot easier to style.
- Cope Well with Humidity: Healthy hair has an easier time retaining moisture and would be less likely to become frizzy when in humid environments.
- Natural Movement: Well-hydrated hair are much thicker and provides a feeling of fullness as you move about.
How You Can Make a Difference?
Anyone who wants to have healthy hair has plenty of options. You can start by improving your routine, using the right products according to your hair type, and applying a deep conditioner weekly for much-needed haircare. The journey towards achieving healthy hair or natural growth starts with your scalp. It is something that you simply cannot overlook if you truly want beautiful hair that everyone comes to admire.
Routine Is Everything
If there is one thing that you need to understand if you want healthy hair or natural growth, it is the fact that routine is fundamental. Similar to how our bodies require a workout routine, your hair responds to regular cleaning, conditioning, and moisturizing. When it comes to washing your hair, there are two things that you have to consider. These include ensuring that the scalp is clean and applying moisture to the hair strands.
Even though there might be some people who tell you not to wash your hair often, it is crucial that you keep your scalp perfectly clean if you want your hair to look amazing. It should not be clogged with dirt and oil. Hence, your scalp requires regular cleaning to maintain healthy hair. Make sure that you pick out a shampoo that is gentle and condition the mid-lengths and ends.
As the saying goes “You are what you eat”, it could not be more relevant than when it comes to hair. Your hair is what you eat. The food you consume affects hair growth. Therefore, you need to adopt a holistic approach. Maintaining your diet is essential. Here is what you need to consider.
- Iron: For strength
- Vitamin C: To ensure the body builds collagen by absorbing iron
- Vitamin A: For promoting the production of sebum
- Vitamin E: An antioxidant for maintaining scalp health
- B Vitamins: To support hair growth
- Protein: To prevent dry and brittle hair
- Zin: To support your sebaceous glands
- Fatty Acids: For building cells
- Magnesium: For ensuring healthy follicles
Keep in mind that you should only take supplements after a professional consultation as a balanced diet is all you need for healthy hair.
Hydrate Your Hair
As your hair is constantly exposed to the elements, moisture loss and breakage are possible. Air conditioning, heating, rain, wind, and sun are no good for your hair as they leave it dry which causes breakage. In addition to this, hair styling is also harmful. You might also comb your hair, apply chemical treatments, use straighteners, and color your hair which would open the cuticle and leave it drier. Hence, you must replenish your hair by adding moisture to it. It is a good idea to use a weekly hair mask to treat it. You could create a hair masque and include it in your routine.
If there is one thing that you need to ensure, it is to avoid over-drying your hair. It is quite common for most people to over-dry their hair without even realizing it. Now, you do not require professional training to dry your hair. When styling your hair, you should not overwork your hair or over-dry them. Even if you have no option but to use a hairdryer, you should set it to a lower setting. Keep an eye on your hair to monitor the drying process. You must immediately stop drying if your hair is not damp.
Carefully Handle Wet Hair
Since hair is more vulnerable when it is wet, you should be careful handling it when it is wet as it would experience intense damage otherwise. Gentle handling is absolutely important. This means you must avoid vigorous rubbing when trying to dry your hair. You should stick to gently using a tower to squeeze the water out. If you prefer using a comb, you should opt for a wide-tooth comb. But, you must not tug at the root. Work from your ends to the mid-lengths gentle to get it right. Besides, it is your conditioner that does all the detangling. If your conditioner fails to detangle your hair, you should use a different one.
Avoid Spit Ends with Regular Trims
Hydrating your hair is not easy. You might struggle to keep your hair moisturized and it might even become drier. Therefore, it is best that you get a trim every 6 to 8 weeks to get rid of those pesky split ends. It will work wonders.
Now that you know how to get healthy hair, you can put our tips to the test and find out just how much of a difference they make. You would notice how amazing your hair will start to look.